Opening a savings account is real easy and you can get the easiest procedure when it comes to SBI banks. With the 24×7 helpline, you can get the access to every single thing easily.
There are some things that you need to know which includes the documentation and all such things which can help you open an SBI account easily and even SBI net banking. In this guide, we will guide you all the way up to the top that will help you open an SBI account with ease. So, let us get started –
What you need to open your SBI savings account?
There are a number of documents that are required by the SBI bank and you need to take them with you to the SBI branch or you should have them handy when you are applying for your savings account offline or online. Here is almost everything that you need to know –
- You need to give them a proof of your identity and you can use any of them including passport, driving licence or even the Voter’s id card.
- You need to have a proof for your address and the documentation includes any of your docs from passport, driving licence or any document with your name and address.
- Your PAN Card
- If you are under 18 then you need to fill up form no 18.
- 2 photographs from your latest shoot are needed as your identity proof.
What is the eligibility for SBI Savings Account?
Well, there are a number of things that you need to consider. Here is almost everything that you should know before you apply for a SBI Savings Account –
- Should be a citizen of India
- You have to be 18 years of age or you can use the alternative method as per the branch executive.
- Form 16 can be used for minors where the parents can sign their application as their guardian.
- Identity and the address proof as per things mentioned in the section above.
- Following by the approval of the bank, you will be asked to make a transaction of around 1000 Rs which will then consider as your initial deposit to your account for SBI personal banking.
What procedure you need to follow to apply for savings account online?
This is not a hard and fast thing to do and you can easily do it if you have a little knowledge of filling online forms. You just need to follow up these steps below to open your saving account SBI online –
- Visit the Homepage of SBI
- Click on apply now
- You will be directed to a page where you should choose savings account.
- Fill in the form with all the information and upload the necessary docs as per they asked you.
- It will take 5 days for banks to initiate the process and you will get your passbook and all such things within these 5 business days as per your location.
1) Can I Open 2 SBI Savings Accounts in SBI?
Yes, you can easily do that in SBI but you will have the same CIF no. for all of your accounts in SBI.
2) How much money is needed for opening an account in SBI?
For urban, it is 3000 rs: for semi-rural, it is 2000 rs and for rural areas, you need to deposit around 1000 rs.
3) Can I Apply for SBI Savings Account from Anywhere in India?
Well, yes if you are an Indian then you can apply from anywhere and you can follow up the procedure as in the section above for online application.