In this era where money matters the most, everyone is looking out for best bank where they can put their money. You can open one of your accounts in SBI and you will see that it is one of the best decisions of your life. SBI has so much to offer and it is a government powered bank. SBI states for State Bank of India and in this guide, you will get to know about how to open an account in SBI.
There are so many things that you need to know before you get started with it and if you are a beginner to all these things then you should know that there are some things that make you eligible to open a bank account in SBI. Anyways, here are all these things that can help you out in the best way possible. So, let us get started –
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Account
Well, here are some things that you need to keep in your mind and in your pocket when you are going to open an account in SBI Bank. Anyways, let us get started with all these things –
- First things first which says that you need to be an Indian to open a bank account. Well, it doesn’t matter if you are of any caste but you should be born in India.
- To be eligible to open a bank account, you have to be 18 years old or more so that you are all self dependent by that time of age.
- Well, if you are wondering about your little ones then there is a guardian required to open an account on their behalf and you can easily get to follow the instructions as given by the banks to you.
- A Valid identity for and it can be any of them like an adhaar card or a voter id card where you can find the address and all other necessary information.
- Once you are done with all these things then you will get a slip and you will be asked to deposit a minimum balance for your account. And they will post you your bank account to your home in a number of days.
- PAN Card
- Identity Proof – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of Address – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Form 16(If you don’t have PAN card)
- 2 Latest Passport Size Photos
Steps to open an account in SBI Offline
- Get to the nearest branch of SBI.
- Make sure that you have taken all your documents and once you are having all of them with you then you can ask them for the form and fill it up.
- Attach all the required documents with the form and fill it up with the same information as per your documents.
- You need to fill form 2 if you don’t have a PAN card and with a filled form, you can proceed with the next step.
- Submit the form and you will be asked to make a deposit of 1,000 Rs to your account.
- After few days, you will get your bank passbook at your given address.
Steps to open and Bank Account Online
- Visit the Homepage of Online SBI
- Click on Apply now.
- Choose your desired account from savings and current account.
- Fill in the online form and upload all the asked documents.
- A verification process will be initiated to verify your identity.
- Following by the approval, your account will be opened in 4-5 business days.